Waitlist is currently closed. -Except for veterans: VASH program offers section 8 vouchers to veterans. Veterans should go to the Lacey Veterans Service Hub,4232 6th Ave SE, Suite 201, Lacey, WA, 98503
- Tenant based voucher pays rent at any HUD approved dwelling.
- Any low-income people can apply.
- Tenant pays 30% income in rent.
- Apply at the Housing Authority.
- Tenants who are evicted from an apartment while on Sect. 8 lose their voucher and are barred from reapplying for a few years.
Site-Based Subsidized Housing
- Tenant pays 30% of her/his income in rent.
- Wait lists range from two months to two years.
- Apply at each individual apartment complex.
- Apartments are privately owned and generally have similar application standards and rules to private market housing.
- There are numerous apartment complexes subsidized by Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in Thurston County. Each location maintains a separate wait list.
See Subsidized Housing List for a complete listing and applications.