Emergency Rent Assistance

Assistance Funds

Veterans Assistance Fund  360-867-2625    412 Lilly Rd NE, Olympia  or  4232 6th Ave SE, Lacey
Up to $500/yr for an individaul, $800/yr for a family of at least two. Assistance may be received for past due rent, mortgage, first and last month’s rent and/or non-refundable deposits. Limited utility and food assistance may also be available as well as burial and cremation services. To be eligible must have proof of the following: honorable or general under honorable conditions discharge, be low-income, and a Thurston County Resident. Call above number or TDD (800) 658-6384 for an appointment to determine eligibility. Please see website at:
A Veterans' Resource Guide is also available at: 
Homeless Veteran Reintigration Project: 1-800-562-2308
Puget Sound Homeless Veteran Programs:  425-203-7200

DSHS Emergency Assistance Programs  (877) 501-2233

Families on TANF may be eligible for AREN- Additional Requirements and Emergency Needs. They offer up to $750 per year for eviction prevention, move-in costs, and other needs. Families not on TANF and not expecting to need TANF for the next 12 months may be eligible for DCA- Diversion Cash Assistance, DCA offers a max of $1250 per year. Call above number for more information, may also walk into DSHS before 2 PM to be seen without an appointment. May also fill out applications online, see the following link for AREN: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/default/files/ESA/csd/documents/14_001.pdf or for DCA: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/esa/diversion-cash-assistance-dca

Sacred Heart Catholic Church   (360) 923-0929   812 Bowker St SE, Lacey
Rent and utilities assistance Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11am - 1pm.  Funding based on availability of money.  Often run out at the end of the month.  Call above number before coming to church.

St. Vincent De Paul   (360) 352-7554     1208 11th Ave SE, Olympia
Assist with rent and utilities when money is available.  They are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1:00–3:00 PM.  Eviction notices and Disconnect notices are required.

Evergreen Christian Community - (360) 352-3410  1010 Black Lake Blvd SW, Olympia
Both services are housed at Evergreen Christian Church and are open on Thursdays at 8:30 – 11:00 AM and 12:30 – 3:00 PM.  Bring all pertinent documentation for rental assistance.  Community Care Services cover utility assistance.

City Gates Ministries - (360) 705-0291  1910 East 4th Ave, #108, Olympia, WA 98506-4632
Rental assistance with an eviction notice. Work with people on a case-by-case basis.  Call the above number to schedule an intake meeting.

Church of Living Water   (360) 754-5830

Salvation Army   360-352-8596    808 5th St SE, Olympia
Offer utility assistance when money is available.  Shut off notice required.  They give information on how to access government programs for rental assistance.


Emergency Loans

TULIP Credit Union: (253) 589-8393 or (253) 589-8395. Located at 116 Capitol Way North Olympia, WA 98501. TULIP offers low-interest personal loans up to $2000 for low-income people. No penalties for early pay-off. Call for more info.

Contact SideWalk (singles & childless couples), Family Support Center (families with children), or Community Youth Services (youth up to age 24) for assistance in identifying and pursuing rental assistance.