Pets & Service Animals

Vet Services, Pet Supplies and Food

Covenant Creatures (360) 357-6301

Address: 855 Trosper Rd SW, Ste 108-150  Tumwater, WA 98512      Website:

Hours: Second and fourth Tuesday of each month, hours subject to change so checking calendar on website or calling first is advised

Pet food and supplies offered at no cost, can drop in whenever open to obtain. 

For vet services must call by the second or fourth Tuesday of the month to schedule an appointment. Someone will call back if an appointment is available. If you do not get a call back this means no appointments are available. Households that are 20% above the federal poverty guideline or less are eligible for services, an $8 donation is requested for vet services.


Concern for Animals  (360) 456-8176            ANIMAL WELFARE SERVICES IN THURSTON, MASON, AND LEWIS COUNTIES

Our Services

To promote the welfare of animals and keep families together, Concern for Animals (CFA) provides spay/neuter and medical care funding, pet food bank and rescue & adoption programs in the Thurston, Mason, and Lewis County area.  CFA is a volunteer-based organization with limited staff. We do our best to return phone calls in a timely manner. In order to receive any and all assistance, you must speak with the Programs Manager. You will not receive assistance after leaving a voicemail. Call-backs are done in the order in which they were received. The call-back schedule is listed under each program. 

Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Vouchers

Call backs: Monday & Thursdays

CFA provides financial assistance to qualified pet owners that need to alter their pets but cannot afford the cost.  Low-cost spay/neuter procedures are available at local veterinary clinics recommended by CFA. Proof of low income, military, student or retirement status is required before authorizing veterinary services in Lewis, Mason and Thurston counties. After a voucher has been issued there is a 30 day grace period to redeem the voucher, after which the voucher is void. Please contact (360) 456-8176 for more information about spay/neuter assistance.

Medical Care


CFA provides voucher assistance for medical care as available per grant funding. Proof of low income, military, student or retirement status is required before authorizing veterinary services in Lewis, Mason and Thurston counties. Please contact (360) 456-8176 for more information regarding medical financial assistance. Funding is not available for routine office visits, vaccines or rabies/feline leukemia testing. After a voucher has been issued there is a 7 day grace period to redeem the voucher, after which the voucher is void. CFA does not offer financial assistance for outstanding balances; animals in need of medical assistance vouchers must be spayed or neutered. Vouchers must be applied for prior to services rendered.

Pet Food Bank

Deadline: Mondays at Noon, Call Backs: Weekdays

CFA offers a free pet food bank for qualified pet owners on Tuesdays from 4p.m. to 5p.m. To receive pet food, owners must call (360) 456-8176 to sign up by the preceding Monday at 12 noon. Pet food is not given out unless owners have spoken with CFA personnel. Pet owners must make arrangements to pick up food on Tuesday afternoons at the food bank.

Animal Services of Thurston County - 360-352-2510

Lobby Hours:

Tuesday – Friday, 9:30 to 5:30,
Saturday, 9:30 to 4:00.
We stop adoptions 1/2 hour prior to closing.

We help the animals and citizens of Thurston County. Established in 1977, we are funded by the cities of Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater and unincorporated Thurston County. We operate in an 8,000 sq. ft. facility in a centrally-located site for the pets and people we serve.



Do I need a license?

Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater require licenses for all dogs and cats in city limits. Thurston County requires licenses for all dogs in the county and offers voluntary licensing for cats. Even if your pet “never goes out,” he or she must have a license. In the city limits of Olympia, pot belly pigs must also be licensed.

If you live in the city limits of Bucoda, Rainier, Tenino or Yelm, you must buy your license at your city hall. Each of these cities has its own license and a separate tracking system.

Where can I buy a license?

You can buy a license by printing and mailing the License Form, by phone with a credit card at (360) 352-2510, or in person at any of the following locations: there are many more listed on Animal Services website.

  • Animal Services, 3120 Martin Way, Olympia
  • Healthy Pets Animal Hospital, 2022 4th Ave E, Olympia
  • Olympia City Hall, 601 4th Ave E, Olympia
  • Olympia Vet Hospital, 155 Division St NW, Olympia
  • Ralph’s Thriftway, 1908 4th Ave NE, Olympia

Help with Medical Expenses

Animal Services administers two grants that may be able to assist you in helping pay for emergency medical care for your pets.  Please call (360) 352-2510 for information.